In accordance with the developments and achievements in the world on the subject of open access, 4th National Open Access Workshop (AE2015) will be held in October 19th-21st 2015, in Ankara, hosted by TÜBİTAK, with the cooperation of Anatolian University Libraries Consortium (ANKOS), Hacettepe University, İzmir Institute of Technology (İYTE) and TÜBİTAK. The AE2015 workshop is organized to discuss free access to scientific publications and data financed by public funds, opening of these publications and data to public via institutional digital archives; policies, strategies, legislation, standards and software infrastructures necessary for the implementation of open access. The participation rate is expected to be high.
As is known, 3rd Open Access Workshop (AE2014) was held in October 20th -21st 2014, in Ankara; hosted by YÖK, with the cooperation of ANKOS, YÖK, Hacettepe University and İYTE. Around 350 representatives from universities, public institutions, professional associations and publication sector participated in the AE2014 workshop. The workshop was realized with the participation of Prime Minister Prof. Dr. Ahmet Davutoğlu, former YÖK President Prof. Dr. Gökhan Çetinsaya and university rectors, and a Final Declaration was issued.
Regional and international speakers specialized in the field will be invited to the AE2015 workshop and following issues will be addressed:
- European Commission’s view on Open Access to Scientific Publications and Research Data
- Research infrastructures and standards of interoperability
- Embedded open archives
- What is DOAJ and SPARC Europe doing?
- Standard data model for research information systems: euroCRIS
- An international ID number for researchers: ORCID
- Strategies and work carried out on open access by eminent publishers
- Research data, open data and data management
- TÜBİTAK and open access
- Latest developments on institutional archives and best practice
- DSpace software and its efficient use
From 19th to 23rd October 2015, during the week AE2015 will take place, International Open Access Week will be celebrated with various activities worldwide. We invite all researchers, academicians, publishers, librarians, journal editors, research office employees and representatives of funding organizations to participate in the AE2015 workshop.
Mehmet Mirat Satoğlu
Director of Turkish Academic Network and Information Center